Posted by: Vijendra Bisht
If you are considering a vision correction procedure such as LASIK one of the most important decisions you will make is the choice of the surgeon. Since everyone is different, known that what works best for you in terms of personality and approach is part of it.
It is extremely important that your eye specialist should make you feel confident and the person whom you can trust easily and have a feeling that with the help of this eye specialist you can achieve the vision goal.
But what are the qualities and the points that you should look for when you are choosing a LASIK surgeon? Here are five essential qualities and qualification you should evaluate in choosing a LASIK surgeon for your vision correction.
- He or she should have lot of experience with the LASIK procedure. It is not uncommon for LASIK surgeon to have 25,000 to 50,000 or more LASIK surgery under his or her belt. The more the experience and more are the probability and good chance that your procedure will be smooth and error free.
- Only the number of procedure is not enough. You want your surgeon to meet the industry standards for selecting patients and should screen out the patients who are not good candidates for surgery. As LASIK is not appropriate for all the patients. At least 15- 20 % of the patients who seek LASIK may not be an ideal patient for LASIK. Certain health issues, thin cornea and other such factors may indicate that the procedure is not right for you.
- You should be comparatively comfortable and free with your surgeon. He or she should be eager to answer all your queries should be able to help you with and educate you so you can make an informed decision. You should be made fully aware of the risk and benefits in order to make the choice that is right for you.
- You should not feel the pressure to have the procedure performed. Your LASIK consultation should not make you feel like a sale process. The goal is that you should achieve the best vision and you should be able to take care of the problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. You are there for best vision not best deal.
- Be cautious of a preparation that over promises. LASIK is a normal procedure but there are certain limitations to what it can achieve. For instance it may not give you the perfect vision, but just the better vision. And since your eyes will continue to change you might still need the reading glasses when you are older. You surgeon should be upfront with you about these limitations.
LASIK surgeons at The Healing Touch Eye Centre are specially trained and have lot of experience regarding the LASIK procedure. They gave qualification and experience to treat their patient with utmost care and with latest technology they treat their patients. So for consultation you can fix your appointment at The Healing Touch Eye Centre.